Tuesday, September 13, 2011

l'Ubaye rafting

In August, one weekend we went camping to the Ubaye valley.  Jakub's friend Emilian is a raft guide, so he was generous enough to take me and Tommy rafting.  Tommy went down a class III portion of the Ubaye and I went down a class IV.  We also met some new people and got to practice our French which I thought I forgot since I didn't speak it at all in July - but luckily it came back.  The kids spent the rest of the time playing by the river bank and in a mud pit.  In the evenings, we went to a nearby town, Barcelonette, a very beautiful place to hang out.   A Mexican/Spanish festival was underway so we enjoyed two open air concerts.  The first, our favourite, Zulu 9.30 has now become part of our CD collection.  It is Spanish reggae!


No comments:

Post a Comment